This is about to be a super long post, I have a lot to say!!!!! Angie was in TriDelta with me, so when she asked me to shoot her wedding I was ECSTATIC! Especially because Angie & Matt are the life of the party! Angie and Matt attended an open house at The Winslow, and their DJ and I (Jake) just so happen to also be there! We got to hangout with them, learn more about their wedding, and help them with some wedding planning tips! I feel like a lot of couples don’t meet their DJ before their wedding, so it was fun that they got to do that!
Their wedding weekend festivities kicked off with a bar crawl in Fells Point, Baltimore, and I loved being able to go because I got to meet all their family & wedding party. When I arrived on their wedding day, I didn’t have to introduce myself because we already knew each other from! I also loved that they did that because some of their friends had never met, so this gave them a change to get to know each other before the wedding day!
Some of my favorite moments from their wedding day:
– Angie’s lipstick holder. It’s been passed down to each girl that gets married, and they engrave everyones name who has had possession of it. One of the most special heirlooms I have ever seen!
– Angie & Matt’s first look. It was SO perfect! (thank you weather gods!) I also loved that they read their letters to each other. Angie knew Matt would be nervous, but oh my gosh that man can write a really heartfelt letter!
– The wedding party, literally everything about them. I may be biased because half of the ladies are my sorority sisters, but their whole wedding party was so fun! And diligent, because they knew after pictures they could hangout, haha!
– Their planner, Aly (Satin & Sage)!! She is THE BEST! I had never worked with Satin & Sage before, and I was so excited to finally meet them! They made the whole day go so smoothly, and everything was beyond beautiful!
– Their DJ. If you follow me on IG, you know that Jake Jensen is one of my best friends and my favorite DJ, so when I heard he was their DJ I was SO HYPE!
– Allllll the Michigan State swag. Matt & his family are HUGE Michigan State fans, and there were sprinkles of Sparty (the mascot) throughout the day. From Matt’s cufflinks, to the grooms cake that Angie surprised Matt with, and Matt’s twin brother gave Angie her first Michigan State jersey during his speech!
– The whole reception! Jake knows how to get people on the dance floor, combine that with this group of party people and you have the most epic wedding reception ever!
Thank you so much to the wedding professionals who made this day perfect for Angie & Matt!
Hair | PSC Hair Artistry
Makeup | Beauty by Anna
Florals | Bay Blossoms
Planner |Satin & Sage
DJ | District Remix
Catering | Linwoods
Bride’s Gown | Gamberdella
Videography | JAWS Studios
Grooms Cake | Cake by Jason
Venue | Mt. Washington Mill Dye House
Photography Assistance | Brooke Michelle